Decision & Strategy Consulting
Powered by the AREA Method
“Cheryl Einhorn’s advice is thoughtful, creative and valuable. She is effective and strategic in how she thinks about my work and growing my business. She is a pleasure to work with.”Tony Blair, Former Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
“It's always been amazing to me that many seemingly intelligent people have trouble thinking clearly. Their thoughts get turned into a plate of spaghetti. Here's to hoping they read your book.”Warren Buffett (A lovely comment from Warren Buffett after reading Problem Solved)
Decision & Strategy Consulting Services:
- Executive Coaching
- Training Sessions & Workshops
- Speeches & Presentations
- Consulting Services for Individuals, Leaders & Teams
CSE Partners has worked with organizations of all sizes – including Fortune 100 companies, mid-market businesses, and startups. The AREA Method has been taught in coaching sessions, workshops, and speeches at:
- World class universities such as Cornell University & Columbia University
- Global companies such as Goldman Sachs & Goldratt Research Labs
- Nonprofits such as YPO & WNYC, the nation’s largest radio station
- Start-Up and Middle-Market Companies such as Work Market & K2 Intelligence
- Conferences such as the Milken Conference & The International Positive Psychology Association World Congress
How the AREA Method results in better outcomes for clients.
AREA is a decision-making system with a collaborative backbone that marries the social performance side of human behavior with the evaluation and metric side of decision making. In so doing it helps individuals and teams to better control for and counteract cognitive bias and strengthens the culture of an organization as it focuses on rigorous research and analysis to improve decision making.
Use AREA to:
- Develop new lines of business
- Reorganize/reposition businesses
- Align the workforce
- Develop marketing plans
- Create fundraising materials
- Develop media strategies
Get In touch with Cheryl and find out how CSE Partners can help you and your team make Big Decisions Better.
Read how two organizations used The AREA Method to make Big Decisions Better
In an industry full of disruption and transformation, Jeff Wald, the Co-Founder of Work Market, which provides an online platform and marketplace for businesses to manage freelancers, contractors, and consultants, was looking for a way to increase brand awareness, grow Work Market’s customer base and sharpen its value proposition to make it stand out from competitors.
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Understand how Fortune 500 Companies use on-demand labor and anticipate future needs
- Demonstrate that Work Market should be a preferred provider for on-demand workers
The AREA Method led Work Market to develop a new product that is uniquely collaborative and achieved all of the company’s Critical Concepts. Work Market launched a branded quarterly survey that provides industry data about the on-demand workforce and corporate needs. The survey showcases Work Market’s lead in both analytics and in spotting emerging labor trends across a wide variety of industries. It attracts attention from its target Fortune 500 market as well as by academics and the news media interested in better understanding the statistics in this fast-growing part of the global economy.
WNYC, the nation’s largest radio station, was interested in adding the economic angle to more of its news coverage to add greater depth to its stories. WNYC also wanted to increase its reporters comfort and know-how in dealing with business, economic and financial information.
- Reporters and editors buy-into the project
- Identify a stable of new sources that the station could turn to for business, economic and financial insight
- Teach the staff the skills required to report on key markets
The AREA Method led to launching a professional development program that was uniquely collaborative and achieved all of WNYC’s Critical Concepts. WNYC launched a training and speaker series dedicated to introducing reporters and editors to a dozen key markets, their metrics and databases. The series enabled staff across the station to have an opportunity to get to know each other better, broaden their contacts with experts who could serve as future sources, provided professional development and generated many new story ideas.
In The News
I practice what I preach. The same AREA Method that I use with my CSE Partners clients I’ve used over the years for media outlets. For the past 25 years, I’ve written investigative business, economic and financial stories for a wide range of print publications including Barron’s, the Council on Foreign Relations, The New York Times, Foreign Policy Magazine and Pro Publica.
- AREA Method: How the AREA Method is Helping High Schoolers Make Big Decisions Better
- Four Habits to Help You Make Better Decisions Now
- AREA Method: When A Good Strategy Is Not Enough
- AREA Method: What President Trump & Tom Brady Have In Common
- AREA Method: The Perils of Prediction
- Are Misaligned Incentives Handcuffing the International Criminal Court?
- AREA Method: How Flawed Data Trumped A Hillary Presidency
- Council on Foreign Relations: Are US Efforts Successfully Countering Terrorism in Africa?
- AREA Method: David Brook’s ‘Choice Explosion’ Explains Why Good Decision-Making Is in Short Supply
- Council on Foreign Relations: Undemocratic Democracies
- Counsel On Foreign Relations: Legitimizing Xenophobia: How South Africa Breeds Distrust of Foreigners
- Chief Executive Magazine: The Limits of CEO Free Speech.
- Foreign Policy Magazine: Can You Fight Poverty With a Five-Star Hotel?
- Chief Executive Magazine: Do Better CEOs Get Better Feedback?
- Chief Executive Magazine: Management Styles: Finding and Fixing Your Achilles Heel