A Powerful System for Making Complex Decisions with Confidence and Conviction
- 2018 “Best Book” Awards Finalist “Business: Management & Leadership”
- 2018 International Book Awards Finalist Business: General Category
- Ranked #1 by The Best Content Marketing Books of 2017 to Boost Your Creativity and Productivity
- Bestseller list on www.800CEORead.com
- Featured as Abstract of the Week on www.getAbstract.com
Make better personal and professional decisions.
“This excellent book shows how the science of decision-making can be applied and therefore the outcome made better.”Tony BlairFormer Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
“It's always been amazing to me that many seemingly intelligent people have trouble thinking clearly. Their thoughts get turned into a plate of spaghetti.”Warren Buffett(A lovely comment from Warren Buffett after reading Problem Solved)
“Effective problem solving in our daily lives requires orderly thinking. Cheryl Einhorn shows us a way to do it in a short, clearly written book. Her book is a ‘must read’ those of us facing major decisions about our personal and professional futures.”John CampbellFormer United States Ambassador to Nigeria, currently the Ralph Bunche senior fellow for Africa policy studies at the Council on Foreign Relations
“In my 25 years reporting on social innovation, I’ve found that what distinguishes the most successful organizations is how they minimize risk, pursue opportunity, track results and plan ahead. The AREA method described in this book offers an accessible and systematic approach for anyone to do this.”David BornsteinAuthor of The New York Times ‘Fixes’ Column
“Impressively well written, exceptionally well organized, informatively presented, “Problem Solved: A Powerful System for Making Complex Decisions with Confidence and Conviction” is an effective and practical life-enhancing read from cover to cover.”Midwest Book Reviewwww.midwestbookreview.com
“Cheryl Einhorn has given us a practical book providing a wealth of useful lessons for making complex decisions of almost any kind.”Atul GawandeBest selling author of the Checklist Manifesto and Being Mortal
Make better personal and professional decisions
It can be messy and overwhelming to figure out how to solve thorny problems. Where do you start? How do you know where to look for information and evaluate its quality and bias? How can you feel confident that you are making a careful and thoroughly researched decision?
Whether you are deciding between colleges, navigating a career decision, helping your aging parents find the right housing, or expanding your business, Problem Solved will show you how to use the powerful AREA Method to make complex personal and professional decisions with confidence and conviction.
Life is filled with uncertainty, but that uncertainty needn’t hobble us. Problem Solved offers a proactive way to work with, and work through, ambiguity to make thoughtful, confident decisions despite our uncertain and volatile world.
Cheryl’s AREA Method coaches you to make smarter, better decisions because it:
- Recognizes that research is a fundamental part of decision making and breaks down the process into a series of easy-to-follow steps.
- Solves for problematic mental shortcuts such as bias, judgment, and assumptions.
- Builds in strategic stops that help you chunk your learning, stay focused, and make your work, work for you.
- Provides a flexible and repeatable process that acts as a feedback loop.